Links on the web
Freeman Ratings from CalPreps.com: Don't even come here until early October, then don't take the numbers too seriously until late in the season. But watch out in November as this site does power rankings for all of the high school teams in New York (and nationally for that matter). Count on these numbers to create some debate in the Syracuse.com forums.
2006 | 2005.
MaxPreps: Updated scores and statistics for a number of schools and their players as well as schedules and rosters.
N.Y. H.S. Helmet Project: Logos for more than 99 percent of the state's football-playng schools.
New Yorkers who will be heading to college BCS programs for the 2014 season:
- Sean Christie, OL, Patchogue-Medford (Maryland)
- Tarique Cole, OL, Long Beach (Rutgers)
- Malik Crossdale, RB, Fordham Prep (Army)
- Scott Flanick, OL, Pine Bush (Army)
- Hayden Grover, Spencer-Van Etten (Akron) *
- Jay Hayes, DL, Poly Prep (Notre Dame)
- Tyler Hill. TE, St. Joe's (Cincinnati) *
- Thomas Holley, DL, Abraham Lincoln (Florida)
- Naesean Howard, RB, West Genesee (Syracuse)
- Will Mahar, K, McQuaid (Boston College) *
- Eric Margolis, LB, Clarkstown South (Rutgers)
- Mike Martin, RB, Pine Bush (Navy)
- Pete Mokowuah, DL, St. Joe's by the Sea (Notre Dame)
- James Munson, DB, Tottenville (Navy)
- Myles Nicholas, LB, Irondequoit (Buffalo)
- Justin Noye, WR, Rochester East (Old Dominion)
- James O'Hagan, OL, Seaford (Buffalo)
- Qadree Ollison, RB, Canisius (Pittsburgh)
- Charlie Rist, LB, Aquinas (Penn State) *
- Caleb Robbins, K, Fairport (Akron) *
- Curtis Samuel, WR, Erasmus Hall (Ohio State)
- August Schwartzmeier, OL, Hilton (Buffalo)
- Charlie Shuman, OL, Pittsford (Penn State) *
- Augie Touris, DL, Canisius (Texas-El Paso)
- Jacquis Webb, OT, Gates Chili (Rutgers)
- Jalen Williams, S, Newburgh (Pittsburgh)
- Darnell Woolfolk, LB, Maine-Endwell (Army)
- J.R. Zazzara, QB, Syracuse CBA (Buffalo)
* - Preferred walk-on.
(Last updated April 4, 2014)
Twitter is a free service that lets users send and receive short messages. We send tweets when important news has been added to this site. Sign up now
Receive e-mail updates on big news 3-4 times per month